DIGITAL SC-LEAK DETECTION SYSTEM
Detecting leaks early and eliminating them promptly are important aspects of project supervision and the cost management of a plant. Even the smallest leaks can cause substantial consequential damage and generate high costs due to production downtimes and the cost of repairs.
The Th. Scholten GmbH & Co. KG has developed a highly sensitive leak detection and early warning system in which the ceramic lining in all areas subject to wear are equipped with a signal cable. The outsides of the wear protection lining on the pipes or plant components to be monitored are wrapped with a signal cable. If this cable breaks upon the onset of wear, the sensor system sends a signal via cable or WLAN for the purpose of visualisation.
AREAS OF APPLICATION OF THE LEAK DETECTION SYSTEM
- Vessel and plant components that are subject to increased wear and are difficult to access or to monitor
- In hazardous areas in which the environment, people, and machines require special protection
- Plant components like pipelines, chutes, cyclones, etc., can be monitored.
The Th. Scholten GmbH & Co. KG has developed a highly sensitive leak detection and early warning system in which the ceramic linings on all areas subject to wear are equipped with a signal cable. The outsides of the wear protection lining on the pipes or plant components to be monitored are wrapped with a signal cable.
- Early detection – an alarm is triggered, which makes it possible to immediately eliminate or limit the potential damage (environmental protection and occupational safety)
- Immediate display and determination of the spare parts needed
- Estimable repair times – replacement of parts in standby mode may be possible
- Increased level of safety when conveying material
- Easier localisation of the source of the leak through visualisation
POSSIBLE SIGNAL PROCESSING METHODS
- Acoustic and visual warning in the form of warning lights and signals
- Warnings on mobile devices such as smart phones, tablets, or notebooks
- Direct connection by cable to a PC or a corresponding process control system. We would be happy to offer you a completely ready-to-operate control system incl. hardware and programming / documentation.
SIGNAL TRANSMISSION VIA WLAN
The advantage of transmitting signals via WLAN is that complex cabling is unnecessary. Every section of the pipeline that needs to be monitored is equipped with a battery-operated transmitter that transmits the conductivity at regular intervals to a base station.
The range of the leak detection system is up to 400 meters outdoors and about 50 to 80 meters inside of buildings (depending on the amount of electromagnetic interference). A base or collection station can receive signals from 1,000 sensors. The total number of transmitters (up to a maximum of 1,000 transmitters) can be increased at any time. Using repeaters, it is also possible to monitor areas of the plant that are far away on a single collecting station.
Specially trained experts from the Th. Scholten GmbH & Co. KG produce, deliver, and install the SC-Leak Detection System or safety system as a complete solution including cabling to the control cabinet and visualisation with hardware and software: a no-worries package for the smooth operation of plants and plant components.