SC-AwaTec® IN PURIFICATION PLANTS
The SC-AwaTec® product line is successfully used in purification plants, e.g. for the corrosion and wear protection of:
- Settling basins
- Pump pits
- Walls, steps, or transitions
- Spiral trough conveyors
These applications benefit in particular from the materials’ superb properties, coupled with the added advantage of Th. Scholten GmbH & Co. KG’s experienced team of specialist fitters.
SC-AwaTec® IN SPIRAL TROUGH CONVEYORS / / REITH PROCEDURE
For the rehabilitation of spiral conveyor troughs, the Th. Scholten GmbH & Co. KG offers the Reith procedure, which is a patented procedure with the following advantages:
- True-to-shape pre-profiling throughout the entire length of the spiral bed
- Trough segments are pre-manufactured in the workshop – thus ensuring an extremely high degree of dimensional accuracy
- Noise reduction
- A possible deflection of the spiral conveyor is taken into account
- Durable optimum degree of efficiency of the spiral pump
- Outstanding protection against BSC
Installation of the pre-manufactured segments
This patent-protected procedure was acquired by the Th. Scholten GmbH & Co. KG and is realized through the following three steps:
- Manufacture of the cast basalt segments: Accurate individual segments are bonded at the workshop by means of a stencil.
- Pre-profiling the concrete bed: The spiral conveyor is equipped with steel spacers and then installed. The rotation causes the fresh concrete to become profiled, thus creating the space necessary for the cast basalt with bed joint.
- Installation of the cast basalt segments: The cast basalt segments are lifted into the trench using special lifting devices. These segments can easily be adjusted by means of adjustable spacing elements. This procedure permits fast and precise installation, and therefore a short downtime.
Afterwards, the bed joint is solidly filled with mortar. The joints – also referred to as maintenance joints – have to be specially sealed.
Individual consulting by the experts from the Th. Scholten GmbH & Co. KG.